From: Gloria Richter
To: Gunther Schmidt
Subject: E-mails;staff lounge;communication problems
Date: March 3
There are some communication problems I wish to bring to your attention.
1. Each day we receive a huge number of emails from colleagues inside the company and from overseas customers. Some are important, many are not. My staff seems to spend all day checking and sorting emails, which is time-consuming and results in them neglecting other duties.
2. My staff doesn’t understand why you got rid of the staff lounge after the takeover. They say that it used to be a good place to meet people from other departments and exchange ideas. Most of them still have not met anyone from Sanicorp yet.
3. A lot of middle managers are really confused about who they should report to. We know management are planning a reorganization, but isn’t it time they told us what’s happening?
7. What is the purpose of this email?
A. To reflect a few problems and demand solutions
B. To announce a change of the management
C. To remind employees of a new company policy
D. To inform the staff of the completion of a new staff lounge
8. What can be inferred from the email?
A. Gloria Richter is very dissatisfied with the present condition
B. Gunther Schmidt is the new manager
C. Gloria’s company is currently undergoing a restructuring
D. Gloria Richter used to work for Sanicorp
9. What is NOT requested by Gloria Richter in this email?
A. More investment in the well-being of the staff
B. An efficient way for the staff to deal with the large number of emails
C. Reopening of the staff lounge
D. A clarification of whom the staff should report their work to